AZURE HEALTH CHECK
Unleash more value of your investment. We provide a complete assessment check that identifies gaps & vulnerabilities in your Cloud Environment.
What We Do?
Platingnum’s Azure health check services assist you in determining what is critical and what is redundant in your cloud architecture, as well as what works effectively and what needs attention. It gives you information on your Azure infrastructure costs, use, performance, security, and compliance.
Our Azure Health Check is expected to last two to five days in each Area to give our Azure experts enough time to familiarise themselves with your environment so that we can generate and share insights and recommendations that are tailored to your Azure cloud needs.
What We Cover?
Our Assessment Approach:
Our Cloud Solutions Architects will work with you closely to obtain a thorough knowledge of your existing Azure configuration, identify the resources you’re using, and provide recommendations based on Microsoft best practices (and our real-world experience). We’ll also look for ways to take advantage of Azure’s flexibility in terms of efficiency, scalability, and robustness.
Design for the cloud
We provide an assessment of your existing cloud and define guidelines for designing and implementing efficient and robust techniques following10 design principles to make your Azure Cloud applications more scalable, resilient, and manageable.
Optimization of your Workload
We evaluate your workload using Azure Advisor and Advisor Score to find and prioritise areas to improve. We use Microsoft recommended best practices to identify the performance challenges and guidelines to make your workload reliable, secure, efficient and cost-effective.
Choose the Right Technology
Technology choices are critical for cloud architecture. We examine your cloud environment from all perspectives to help you choose the right technology components i.e. compute service, data store, and messaging service.
Use Case Scenarios
We help you to upskill with real-world use case scenarios. To make sure your cloud architecture brings real business results we use real-world scenarios to assess your cloud challenges.
Technology Areas We Cover:
We’ll examine your present Azure infrastructure, identifying gaps and methods to enhance the management using best practices from the Microsoft Azure Well-Architected Framework. You’ll emerge with an executable strategy that’s suited to your company’s precise needs.
AI & Machine Learning
We help you to choose the best AI/ML solutions in terms of your business requirements. You get a personalized Microsoft Azure AI/ML implementation plan that meets your goals and requirements.
Analysis and recommendations on how to utilise Azure Synapse Analytics, ELT, a stream processing with Azure Databricks, and integration of relational data sources with other unstructured datasets by using semantic modelling and powerful visualization tools.
We assess your databases and provide help with choosing the right data storage approach in Azure, designing migration strategy, and security plan for Azure SQL database, and best practices for Azure database and analytics services.
We benchmark your entire development pipeline (including testing and production environments, DevOps culture, and release process) against the best practices to see where you can improve.
We help you to utilize the best Azure integration services after assessing your enterprise backend systems. We provide best practices of API management, Logic Apps, choosing regions and implementing the scalability, security, availability, and cost considerations.
Managing user identities is nowadays a major concern for organizations. We provide complete end-to-end implementation based on different scenarios by using best practices of Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
We analyse and assess all options for connecting an on-premises network to an Azure Virtual Network. We review your Azure Application Gateway, Azure firewall, and Azure NAT gateway and provide recommendations based on Azure best practices.
Best Practice Assessment – 1 Day
To create a solid architectural foundation for your organization, we follow the core pillars of great Azure architecture. These pillars are the design principles behind the security, performance, availability, and efficiency that make your infrastructure run smoothly and meet our business goals.
Design for self-healing: Failures occur in a distributed system. We will define best practices of self-healing for your applications.
Make all things redundant: The best practice to build redundancy into your application is to avoid having single points of failure.
Minimize coordination: To ensure scalability, minimize cooperation between application services.
Design to scale out: We will help you to design your application in such a way that it can grow horizontally, adding or deleting additional instances as needed.
Partition around limits: As per the Azure design principle we suggest that use partitioning to get around database, network, and compute limitations.
Design for operations: Operations are a critical part of running a successful cloud application. We identify that your applications are designed in such a way that the operations team has all the tools they need and suggest the best practices to overcome the discrepancies.
Use managed services: PaaS is a suitable choice for your applications. It’s easier to configure and administer.
Use the best data store for the job: We analyze the best storage technology according to your architecture and define the best practices to use it.
Design for evolution: We recommend building your architectural design on Microservices to achieve evolutionary design for continuous innovation.
Build for the needs of the business: We assess your current cloud architecture with the business environment and identify whether the design solution is justified by business requirements or not.
Our Approach – Deliverables and Outcomes
We provide a Best Practices Report that shows your Azure infrastructure, resources, and configuration in depth. You’ll have a better understanding of the details of your architecture, as well as any gaps that exist when compared to a best practice baseline.
Architecture assessment: Assessment of your cloud architecture topology focusing on security, design, usage and costs by applying Azure best practices and principles.
Optimisation identification: We identify operational and technical efficiency gains. We also review cloud utilisation and expenditure, identifying opportunities for the cost to be optimised.
Recommendations and roadmap: Delivery of a formal report and presentation outlining prioritised recommendations and actionable findings including a tailored remedial roadmap for success by optimising cost, mitigating risk and improving quality and performance.
Security and Compliance – 1 Day Assessment
In our platform security and compliance assessment, we do a detailed inspection of the client’s approach to deploying and maintaining a strong security posture across key production Azure services. We will review how Azure policy and principles are being used along with security tools and processes to maintain a strong security posture throughout the life-cycle of the platform.
The assessment will include a security and compliance risk report and gap analysis, as well as critical recommendations for strategy, tools, processes, policies, and controls.
Our Security and Compliance assessment framework consists of 3 phases:
Information gathering: We examine and evaluate our clients’ security-related documentation to determine the cloud architecture, types of deployed services, security controls, and key personnel and procedures.
Manual and automated assessment: To confirm the existing security procedures, we run an automated examination of the cloud infrastructure. The assessment team also manually inspects and analyses the whole configuration, using a web console or Cloud provided APIs.
Reporting: At the final step of the assessment, we collaborate with our client’s cloud team on debatable findings and prepare an assessment report which includes a prioritized overview of issues, and recommendations on how to use Microsoft services and best practices.
Our Approach – Deliverables and Outcomes
- Azure environment – Gap analysis and report highlighting existing security threats as a result of a weak security posture in the core tenant.
- Azure platform compliance report that identifies gaps in the process to prevent security compliance drift.
- Recommendations for new tools, processes, and policies that you should implement to maintain a strong security and security compliance posture.
- Recommendations for security and compliance analysis and response procedures in real-time.
- Recommendations for logging and archiving security occurrences for historical analysis
- A detailed strategy, including estimated costs and timelines, to strengthen and sustain the Azure platform’s security posture in the future..
Infrastructure Setup – 2 Days Assessment
Our Infrastructure assessment provides an initial analysis of your IT infrastructure to be able to derive initial recommendations for action and guarantee successful outsourcing of your workloads to Azure. This is illustrated by showing possible outsourcing scenarios of your virtualization environment and evaluating individual workloads.
Infrastructure Assessment process
Through sessions covering IT infrastructure and services, we leave no stone unturned, uncovering the unknowns and creating a thorough understanding of the needs and challenges of your organization to help us in assessing your readiness for Azure. This assessment will cover and review your:
- Servers: Operating systems and versions, roles, hardware
- Storage: Capacity, type, redundancy, hardware
- Security: Permissions, encryption, privacy
- Network: Internet connectivity, LAN and WAN topology, hardware
- Applications: Providers, business functions, programming languages
- Data: Databases, types, sizes, dependencies
- Infrastructure services: Backups, restores, DNS, DHCP, remote access, authentication
- Processes: Disaster recovery, provisioning
This allows you to see which workloads are ready to transfer to Azure and in what way (lift-and-shift, re-platforming, or replacing with a new deployment model), which workloads require more work to be Azure ready, and which workloads should remain on internal infrastructure.
Our Approach – Deliverables
- Actionable assessment report with recommendations by Microsoft Azure and presentation to the client.
- Infrastructure Assessment review report including information on upcoming end-of-life products & upgrade path recommendations, the recommendation for User & workload shift to the cloud (Azure, IaaS, PaaS), post-migration cloud optimization for virtual machines and server workload usage & implementation requirements.
- We help you select and prioritize your current server workloads and applications to transition to the Cloud.
- Improved operational efficiencies: The benefits of these operational efficiencies drive reduced IT costs.
- The assessment will accurately determine the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for your IT resources, including the cost of purchase, implementation and maintenance.
- We’ll help you plan for the replacement or refactoring of faulty or potentially risky legacy equipment before they cause disruptions to your business.
Data and Analytics – 1 Day Assessment
Our data and analytics assessment approach is intended to deliver high-level insights to assist you in your data journey. It’s useful for companies who want to implement data, analytics, or AI initiative but aren’t sure about the best way forward. We will assess all your data sources, propose a 360-degree solution and suggest an optimal project roadmap to fit your specific needs.
We use a 3-step approach to assess your data & analytics:
1 – identifying business goals and requirements
In the sessions with the team, we will discover, business goals, current setbacks, limitations, resources, and challenges
2 – Assess and capture the current state
We will assess your analytics maturity and examine your current environment. Deep understanding of your existing analytical architecture and data profiling on all sources.
3 – Developing best approach and recommendations for Analytics strategy
We will prepare a report based on best practices and recommendations by Azure for data & analytics. We create a roadmap for you by choosing the best analytics solution technologies.
- Choosing analytical data stores to process data in a structured format
- Creating pre-configured reports and visualizations for interactive data exploration.
- Choosing batch processing to handle the large volume of data
- Choosing stream processing to consume endless streams of data and produce results with minimal latency
Our Approach – Deliverables and Outcomes
- A high-level overview of your data and analytics journey and an understanding of your key objectives
- Outline how Azure Data Services will help you meet your business objectives.
- A discussion of concrete next actions, such as constructing an analytics proof-of-concept to assist you to get a better knowledge and capability of the data services available in Azure.
- Summary report of recommendations
DevOps and Automation – 1 Day Assessment
Our DevOps team will assess your present DevOps practices, recommend alternatives to increase value, and demonstrate DevOps best practices. We collaborate to create a step-by-step process for delivering predictable, measurable, and innovative results that enable accelerated application delivery at scale.
We figure out what is working currently, what might be missing, and what your employees see as the biggest roadblocks and pain points in their daily work. Following the research, you will get to know:
- Good visibility of the practices and tools used by your teams.
- Understand your employees’ key issues and pain points.
- Get insight into your practices and tools in comparison to the best practices.
DevOps assessment will be completed in 3 phases:
Phase 1- Kick-off meeting and discussion
- Discussion about organization goals & expectations for implementing DevOps practices.
- Gathering information on the deployment process and current applications, technology stack, and version control.
Phase 2- Analysis of Environment
- A complete analysis of the DevOps environment
- Examining all the information gathered and proposing best practice recommendations for seamless adoption of Azure DevOps.
Phase 3- Present Findings
- Present all of our results on how Azure DevOps might benefit your company.
- A roadmap for integrating Azure DevOps into your business, including different sorts of practices and capabilities.
- Discuss changes that could be implemented throughout the development process to reap the benefits of DevOps.
Our Approach – Deliverables and Outcomes
- Presentation of discovered flaws and results in your DevOps environment.
- Strategic advice and guidance on recommended enablement of Azure DevOps.
- Cloud Maturity Assessment report containing high-value opportunities for improvement.
- Accelerate software delivery throughout the organization to innovate faster.
- Reduce feedback loops by streamlining the delivery process.
- Reduce lead time from checked-in code to release to production
- Integrate operations into the daily work of development
- Improved collaboration
Frequently Asked Questions
Following benefits, you will get with Azure Health Check Assessment:
- Validation of the disaster recovery and data protection plan
- Improved security posture; reducing the reputational and financial consequences of breaches
- Improve your understanding of Azure consumption and how to reduce an environment’s cost.
- The review is based on industry and Azure best practices (CAF and CIS)
- Optimize the environment and provide the groundwork for future deployments.
- Assessment and suggestions to enhance an environment’s governance baseline
Azure Health checkup is necessary to get to know different areas of your Azure Environment. Platingnum provides the best assessment services to answer the following questions in the following areas:
Cost and performance assessment
- Can I reduce the cost of the Azure cloud without losing the service quality?
- Is the performance of your infrastructure optimal?
- Are you able to control who spends money in Azure in your organization and how they do it?
Safety and compliance assessment
- Does your approach to security meet the requirements of cloud services?
- Do you meet industry security standards in your Azure infrastructure?
- Do you use Azure capacity to reduce compliance risks?
Recommendations on architecture
- Does the design of your Azure infrastructure provide security, scalability, recovery, and efficiency?
- What are the best architectural practices available for use in your Azure environment?
Evaluation of licensing optimization
- Do you use the best licensing channel for the Azure cloud platform?
- Do you know about the available cost-saving methods in Azure?
- Do you use tools to effectively allocate costs in Azure for your organization?
The Azure Health Check enables customers in understanding, assessing, and monitoring their Azure expenditure, as well as mitigate risk. We cover the following areas in Azure Health Check Assessment:
- Best Practice Assessment
- Security and Compliance
- Infrastructure Setup
- Data & Analytics
- DevOps and Automation
Depending on the complexity of organizational structure and Azure infrastructure, it usually takes 2 to 5 days to perform a complete Azure Health check assessment.
Yes, you can order assessments of all areas in a combined package. To enquire more about pricing please use the form below to send us your queries.
We do sessions with your team to understand the organization’s Azure Infrastructure and environment after that we do gap analysis and prepare a recommendation roadmap. All this information is documented in an output report in the form of a PPT file.
Book an Azure Consultation Call
This is a discovery call to get to know more about your current Azure setup, business needs, current challenges and the person (or people) behind the company.
We look at your data and analytics setup, business processes and go through the project needs to help you successfully migrate to Microsoft Azure, on time, within budget and with minimal disruption to your business.
Find a time that suits your calendar and set it. I can't wait to get to know you!
This Call Is For:
• Companies who want to migrate to Azure Cloud
• Clients who want to decrease spending on Azure pipelines
• Organisation looking for best practices to implement Azure pipelines
• Companies looking for a Cloud Framework for Building Landing zones
• Clients who are worried about data and governance on Azure
• Companies that have started with Azure but have no experience with Azure